- Huxster's New Record Is Underway!
Hey, so we had a fantastic time recording drums, bass & guitars at Powerstation NE in CT. What a beautiful facility and cool people! We got several takes of ten new songs recorded and over the course of Nov & Dec we'll be putting down the final touches - vocals, more guitar, etc.
Check out our new Blog (link above). Joe Patten has created a sweet page which will document our recording process. New shows will be posted soon!
- The Date Has Been Set To Begin Recording The Third Full Length Huxster Record!
We’ll begin recording in just a few days at Power Station NE in CT. We’ll be there October 28th & 29th to nail down the drums and whatever else we can in that time. The remaining tracks will be recorded at Engine #5 (aka Huxster Headquarters).
We’ll be working with our good friend Paul Hagar, who will engineer the project. Paul is an LA based sound engineer who has worked on some great sounding studio projects over the years. We know he’s gonna help us get some great sounds.
This Saturday night, 10/26 may be the final show of the year. We're playing a 75 minute set at The New World Tavern in Plymouth, MA. The set will include every song from the up coming new album, some older songs and a few surprise cover tunes.
- HUXSTER'S Third Full Length Record Has Been Written!
So, we've recently been playing some shows, and playing only the ten new songs which will become our yet to be recorded new record! This has been really fun and we'll continue to do this for all upcoming shows.
Two of the new songs - "I'll Find A Way" and "Four Words" can be heard in a stripped down form on our recently released acoustic EP "Bourbon Stomp".
To hear the new record in it's entirety, please come out to a live show! We'll have more dates posted soon. We hope to begin recording in October and we may post some video of the process.
Paul, Dave & Joe
This past year, while writing and performing a brand new batch of songs, we decided to record some new and old songs with a sorta laidback vibe. We had played a bunch of acoustic shows over the past couple of years and wanted to record a little low-fi (ish) version of a few songs.
To stream or download the EP, click on the Bandcamp link from the menu.
A brand new full length is underway!! We're excited about the new songs and can't wait to get them recorded and play them at our live shows!
- Huxster rock out with their own special style on sophomore CD Side Two
- Huxster just released Side Two, a ten track sophomore CD of very original and individual rocking material. Each track is marked by bracing guitars that ring out with muscular talent in their colors, tones, and style. Subtle shifts and even the simplest notes indicate emotions and human drama. There is much detail to be appreciated in the sound this trio is pumping out of your stereo speakers. Each song could be a radio hit with some degree of success. [Read More...]
- Top Local Release of 2011
- This CD was recorded in drummer Joe Patten's Carver studio with some more work done at The Outpost in Stoughton. Look out Aerosmith, there is a new hard-rockin' arena act on the South Shore. This trio of rock vets has a clean, stripped dow sound with fine vocals from Paul Amenta, and a solid drive of the rhthm section of Patten and Bassist David Dunn. Smart songwriting, taut licks and a real energy - this is the real deal". Jay Miller, Patriot Ledger
Boston based trio Huxster proudly releases their sophomore album â€śSide twoâ€ť. With lead vocals and song writing duties spilt between guitarist Paul Amenta and bassist Dave Dunn the band gets back to the purest form of what this pop power trio does. â€śWe wanted to make this album as close to our live show as we couldâ€ť says drummer Joe Patten.
Mixed by legendary engineer Jim Siegel (Mighty Mighty Bostones, Dropkick Murphy) the drum sound is live, the guitars chunky, and the bass slightly overdriven. The focus is the song.
With two lead vocalist, all songs feature extensive harmonies. From the feature track â€śI Believe Youâ€™re Rightâ€ť reminiscent of Alice in Chains, to the dark sea shanty of â€śIslandâ€ť the harmonies pulse through every song.
Track 10 â€śThe Truthâ€ť will be featured in the upcoming movie â€śTime and Chargesâ€ť written and directed by Academy Award winning author Ernest Thompson (On Golden Pond & 1969). Thompson, a fan of Huxster, contacted David Dunn and asked him to write music to accompany his lyrics for a chase scene in the upcoming film.
Huxster is currently in the studio working on two upcoming releases; an acoustic EP and the full length follow-up to Side Two